Thursday, January 30, 2014

Business Plan Progress

There are many facets to a business plan that investors are concerned with but there is one in particular that could mean the difference between getting funded and getting passed up. The most important section of a business plan that investors will be looking at is the executive summary. An executive summary is a clear, concise and condensed version of a business plan that will compel readers to dive into the rest of the plan. This section is the final section to be written into a business plan and will embody the “who, what, where, when, why and how” of the business. Investors want to know if the business concept is viable and that it makes sense, that it was well thought out and thoroughly planned, that there is a clear-cut market for your products and/or services, that the financials are realistic, and that the investors will get an excellent return on their investments. In effect, if all of these items are present in the executive summary, the investor will most likely commit to reading the remaining sections of the plan (Abrams, 2010). 
Based on information provided by experts in this field, I have made several changes to my own business plan. I began by paying special attention to the length of my business plan. This meant moving all of the graphs and other miscellaneous info pertinent to my plan to the appendix. I also made sure to incorporate an introduction to my business in every chapter so the reader knows the story behind the business no matter which section is being read. I also made sure to include more detailed information on professional requirements for my staff, monetary allocations to the marketing program, revenue generation and profit per sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked In